Christ In Us - Our Spiritual DNA

Christ In Us - Spiritual DNA - John 15
When we commit to follow Christ, a powerful mystery occurs: we become part of Him and He of us - Christ in us, our hope of glory (Colossians 1:24-29). 

It’s a bond of unity with other believers and a sign of God’s love to unbelievers:

“I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.” Jesus, John 17:22-23(1)

It’s the only reason we can be productive for God:

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

It changes our purpose, world view, thoughts, speech, lifestyle, and values. It changes our identity. 

Let's rejoice! We have Christ's DNA!
------------------
(1) See also John 15:9 and John 17:26
See also "Embracing the Vine"

Why our Spiritual DNA is important to our productivity - John 15

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved John 17:22-23. I get a bit chocked up whenever I read of God's overwhelming love for me and for all of us. Thank you for this message and all the daily messages I read and pass on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this blessed you. Yes, John 17:22-23 is truly an encouraging passage!

      Delete