Whichever "enemy" we're facing, Psalm 143 gives us advice:
- The Psalmist cries out to the Lord (1-6).
- He acknowledges that he won't make it without the Lord (7).
- He meets with God in the morning looking for help (8).
- He "hides" in the Lord, knowing God will protect him (9).
- He asks God's Spirit to guide him and give him wisdom (10).
- He affirms his trust and commitment (8,12).
While it's good to get godly advice, we need to seek God first and foremost, admitting our need. When we wake up - before fear or bitterness takes possession of our thoughts - we should seek the Lord and "hide" in His wisdom and comfort. We should seek His guidance and confess our trust.
Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.