Facts or Feelings

God lives two places -Isaiah 57:15
According to studies, people who never apologize can't deal with "feeling" bad, ashamed, responsible or vulnerable. Even more alarming: the non-repentant "feel" happier than those who repent!

So we must ask ourselves: Are we more interested in feelings or facts? 

No one likes feeling bad, ashamed, responsible, or vulnerable, but sometimes we're all of those things. 

God expects us to repent even if we were only 10% wrong and the other person is 90%. That's because repentance maintains a healthy relationship with the Lord and restores our confidence and hope. 

God says "I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope." Isaiah 57:15,GNT 

The non-repentant feel "happier" only because they're self-deceived. 

Genuine repentance refreshes, restores, and changes us. It brings Christ-lovers factual happiness and joy.

Some good thoughts on repentance:  Thoughts on Jesus' Demand to Repent 

Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.
God lives two places -Isaiah 57:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...