Wednesday

Are You Sure You Aren't Religious?

Religion versus Love for God, Obeying God out of Love
We modern Christians are quick to say we have a relationship, not a religion. 

Religion is about lists and formulas. Relationship is about love for God. But do we truly understand the difference? 

How often do we think: "If I do things a certain way, God will bless me"?

The blessings we try to earn might be health, wealth, comfort, or happiness.

Religion says: "Obey God's commands and I'll get what I deserve."

Love says: "Obey God's commands because that's what He deserves" (Psalm 103).

Religion says: "If I do this for God, He'll do this for me."

Love says: "I want to do this for God with no expectations" (Philippians 3:7-8).

When we don't understand things happening in our lives, we soon find out if we have religion or love.

Jesus lovers are content and grateful no matter what happens (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...