Friday

Unscripted - Sharing Christ Naturally and Effectively - Ephesians 2:10

natural evangelism, guilt not a good motivator, sharing Christ naturally
My main Christian calling is discipleship. But, like all Christians, I'm also called to evangelize.

It's good to try evangelism methods outside our comfort zone. It's part of growth. But, in the end, our unique gifts and personality should determine our methods of evangelism. 

Forcing ourselves or others into a mold produces guilt, and guilt isn't an effective motivation for evangelism.

For example, I've tried street evangelism, walking up to perfect strangers and sharing Christ. Some people find this the most natural way to share Christ, and it was good for me to give it a try. But it's not my "niche."

God may ask me to do it on rare occasions, but for the most part He uses me as He's gifted me. 

If you've been guilted by another person's evangelism script or formula, relax. 

The best way to share Christ is to be sensitive to God's Spirit and develop your own style of evangelism (Ephesians 2:10). Take time today to consider ways you might do that more deliberately.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! What a wonderful thought! Yes, dear sister, I'm constantly having that feeling that I'm not able to street evangelize! Though everyday I'm filled with the burden for the perishing souls of my own country. I'm still praying for the right time to get involved. Your words were helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful, Sarah. The fact that you are burdened for the lost is the best motivation. I join you in praying that God will give you wisdom in sharing Christ in your way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Thanks Gail. I have found that God puts the people in our paths/lives that He wants us to witness to, and provides the perfect timing, and the words for us to say. I read "don't tell me what Jesus can do for me, tell me what He's done for you". ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good insight, Abby. I agree with you.
      God bless,
      Gail ; )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...