|image: Billy Frank Alexander|
- He was religious without loving God (Hebrews 11:4).
- He got angry when God didn't bless his insincere gestures (Genesis 4:5-7).
- He ignored God's loving warnings (Genesis 4:8).
- He mocked God's justice (Genesis 4:9-12).
- He did to others what he didn't want done to him (Genesis 4:13-14).
His bad example warns us to:
- Treat others how we want to be treated. Luke 6:31
- Avoid outward acts done simply to "look good." Joel 2:13; Colossians 2:16-23
- Expect God's disapproval when we do the "right things" with selfish motives. Matthew 15:1-9
To look a bit more at Cain's life, check out the Bite Size Bible Study HERE.