Salvation Changes Us—1 Thessalonians 1:4-10

1 Thessalonians 1 explains 4 proofs of salvation that each Christian should experience.

When I was twenty-four, I asked Christ to be my Lord. God's Spirit convicted me to get rid of some of my books and music. I quit using
"Good Lord!" as a vain expletive, and I recognized my sins and wanted to change. Even though I was pregnant and busy caring for my eighteen-month-old, I found time to read my Bible.

In 1 Thessalonians 1:4-10 Paul explains why he knows that the Thessalonians were genuinely saved:

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction… You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers… You turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.

Let's unpack this passage:

1. Their faith was more than mere words because God's Spirit was changing them.
 
2. They had deep conviction and joy, holding firmly to the gospel despite hardships and persecution. 
 
3. They were convicted of sin and sincerely repented.

4. People could see the difference in their lives.  
2 Corinthians 5:17

If you haven't experienced these things in your faith, seek God in prayer, find Bible-based fellowship, and begin reading your Bible daily.* 

💙💙💙💙

If you're unsure of your salvation or if you've never personally asked Christ to be your Lord, I encourage you to read:

And I encourage you to talk with a Bible-believing pastor or friend. 

These resources are also useful if you are witnessing to a friend. 

💙💙💙💙

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

* I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional as a tool to get you into God's Word daily. It contains one-minute devotions packed with Scripture. Everyone has time for a one-minute devotion, and when you have more time, each devotion offers a "for further thought" section so you can dig deeper. 
 
You can find out where to purchase it and download two free Bible studies with purchase HERE.
 
If you've already purchased Wisdom for Life and you're enjoying it, please leave a review on Amazon! Thanks!
 
1 Thessalonians 1 explains 4 proofs of salvation that each Christian should experience.

1 Thessalonians 1 explains 4 proofs of salvation that each Christian should experience.



Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this. I came to Christ a year ago this week (had been attending church for 5 months prior as well but not convicted) when my husband was undergoing surgery for a rare pancreatic cancer. During song worship I couldn't contain my emotion and I cried the whole way through just feeling the Lord within me. I knew He had protected my husband as his cancer was rare and rarely found so early to actually be cured by surgery (less than 2% of cases are found within the surgery success time limit) but since then i have often questioned my salvation wondering if i am truly saved because certain aspects of my life and self havent changed overnight. Knowing that it is possible that my salvation is ongoing and not instant is a comfort because satan regularly gives me thoughtsof failure and puts in my mind ideas that nond of my church family believe im a true christian. He certainly relishes in my fear of man i am sure of it. My point is that in my heart I know that Jesus is with me and by his grace I am saved but I sometimes think why am I not like such a person they are much more godly than I am and other such thoughts. God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michelle, it is a process, and it's a different process for each individual. But I encourage you to seek God with all of your heart because the benefits are wonderful!!
      God bless you.

      Delete