Salvation Changes Us -1 Thessalonians 1:4-10

Salvation Changes Us -1 Thessalonians 1:4-10
When I asked Christ to be my Lord, I was 24.

Without being told, I knew I needed to throw out some books and music I owned. 

Instead of using "Good Lord" as a vain expletive, I used it for praise.

I experienced sorrow for sins I didn't even know were sins before.

Even though I was pregnant and busy caring for my 18-month-old, I eagerly found time to read my Bible.

1 Thessalonians 1:4-10 describes "proofs of salvation" saying the Thessalonians' salvation came with: 

1. The indwelling Spirit (power), not mere words(v.4) 
2. Deep conviction (v.4) 
3. Changed lives (v.6-7) 
4. Perseverance (v.6) 
5. Rejection of former sins (v.9) 
6. Eternal focus (v.10) 

We all come to salvation differently. For some the change is immediate, for others more gradual. But, eventually, genuine faith will include these 6 things. 

Are they part of yours? 

If you're unsure of your salvation or if you've never personally asked Christ to be your Lord, I encourage you to read:
Are There Many Ways to Heaven?* and
An Angry Daughter*
And I encourage you to talk with a Bible-believing pastor or friend. 
* These resources are also useful if you are witnessing to a friend. 
------------------------------
If you liked this 1-minute devotion, sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
Have a 1-Minute Devotion sent to your email box each weekday. After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription.


Enter your email address

Salvation Changes Us -1 Thessalonians 1:4-10

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this. I came to Christ a year ago this week (had been attending church for 5 months prior as well but not convicted) when my husband was undergoing surgery for a rare pancreatic cancer. During song worship I couldn't contain my emotion and I cried the whole way through just feeling the Lord within me. I knew He had protected my husband as his cancer was rare and rarely found so early to actually be cured by surgery (less than 2% of cases are found within the surgery success time limit) but since then i have often questioned my salvation wondering if i am truly saved because certain aspects of my life and self havent changed overnight. Knowing that it is possible that my salvation is ongoing and not instant is a comfort because satan regularly gives me thoughtsof failure and puts in my mind ideas that nond of my church family believe im a true christian. He certainly relishes in my fear of man i am sure of it. My point is that in my heart I know that Jesus is with me and by his grace I am saved but I sometimes think why am I not like such a person they are much more godly than I am and other such thoughts. God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michelle, it is a process, and it's a different process for each individual. But I encourage you to seek God with all of your heart because the benefits are wonderful!!
      God bless you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...