Old Love Letters - 1 Corinthians 13

This 1-minute devotion explains the treasure we have in God's Word. Read it and be encouraged!

I have a precious bundle of old letters written by my husband from boot camp after he was drafted.


He was a man who missed his bride and longed to see me face-to-face. 

I'm sad to say that neither he nor I have handwritten a letter for years. A few lines in a greeting card don't count. 

Because letter writing is fast becoming a lost art, those old love letters are especially precious. 

But I have love letters even more precious than those my husband wrote. I have love letters from my Creator, Lord, and Savior. They're bundled together, telling a story of love, betrayal, sacrifice, forgiveness, and provision.

They reveal the love of one who also misses His bride* and longs to see her face-to-face (Revelation 19:7-9; 1 Corinthians 13:12). And this love story has a "happily FOREVER after" ending.

Since you're also a recipient of those precious letters, let's take time today to read them and remember how much we're loved. 

* The church is the "bride of Christ"

See also:

Old Letters in the Attic: How and Why to Study Psalms

Transformation, Not Information

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760I also encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first four devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or Amazon.

I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

 

This 1-minute devotion explains the treasure we have in God's Word. Read it and be encouraged!


Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Gail, isn't it sad that letter writing has gone by the side? It means taking time to hand write a personal note...wow! I've been thinking about doing that for a friend who lost her dad (who is now with the Lord), and now I will definitely do it! I'll insert my note in a handmade card. Thanks for this beautiful devotional...as always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have letters from my husband before we were married too but we might text or send an email with something loving faster than actually sitting down and writing a letter. I love what God shares with me in His love letter to me. It is more precious than anything in life. I loved the comparison you made.

    ReplyDelete