Wednesday

Old Love Letters

love letters, Bible is a love letter, God's love letter to man, God's Word is a love letter
I have a precious bundle of old letters written by my husband from boot camp after he was drafted.

He was a man who missed his bride and longed to see me face to face. 

I'm sad to say that neither he nor I have handwritten a letter for years. A few lines in a greeting card don't count. 

Because letter writing is fast becoming a lost art, those old love letters are especially precious. 

But I have love letters even more precious than those my husband wrote. I have love letters from my Creator, Lord and Savior. They're bundled together, telling a story of love, betrayal, sacrifice, forgiveness, and provision.

They reveal the love of One who also misses His bride* and longs to see her face-to-face (Revelation 19:7-9; 1 Corinthians 13:12). And this love story has a "happily FOREVER after" ending.


Since you're also a recipient of those precious letters, let's take time today to read them and remember how much we're loved. 
* The Church is the "Bride of Christ"

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Gail, isn't it sad that letter writing has gone by the side? It means taking time to hand write a personal note...wow! I've been thinking about doing that for a friend who lost her dad (who is now with the Lord), and now I will definitely do it! I'll insert my note in a handmade card. Thanks for this beautiful devotional...as always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have letters from my husband before we were married too but we might text or send an email with something loving faster than actually sitting down and writing a letter. I love what God shares with me in His love letter to me. It is more precious than anything in life. I loved the comparison you made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...