Are You Uncomfortable With Mystery?

Romans 11:33, mysteries of God, God cannot be fully understood
It would be nice to have an answer to every question we have about God and life, but it’s not possible. 

Romans 11:33 says: "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!" 

God is infinitely complex—beyond our limited human understanding. 

 I used to be uncomfortable with this mystery. Then someone told me it was a sign of God's greatness. If I completely understood Him, He'd be my equal! 

God assures us we have every answer we need to live a godly life (2 Peter 1:3) and we have His wonderful book of Love Notes to guide us. 

But we aren't capable of understanding everything God understands. 

I'm grateful that God is 100% wise, just, loving and pure. And I'm learning it's more important to know the God who has all the answers than to have all the answers myself! 
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 
On Tuesdays I run a devotion from the 2011 archives. If you would like a "double shot" of Scripture today, please read Practicing Gratefulness.

Why not subscribe to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes below? 
For free email delivery enter your email address & VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to you:


FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I *am* uncomfortable with mysteries! I want to know. NOW! But you make a good point... if I understood everything that I wanted to understand, that would make me think I was God's equal. It takes humility, trust, and faith to let God work in His time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...