Did I Tell You My Brother is a Song Writer?

Revelation 5:9, Family of God, Every Tribe Tongue and Nation
artwork: Billy Frank Alexander
Fifteen years ago, my husband and I slept on the floor of an old-grocery-store-turned-into-a-church in inner city Denver. We were with a group doing street ministry. During that week, we met the church worship leader, a humble man named Jude Del Hierro, who wrote the praise song “More Love, More Power.” 

Several years later we found ourselves in an old-theater-turned-into-a-church in inner city Budapest, and the praise band sang “Több erőt, több szeretetet,” Hungarian for “More Love, More Power.”*

Revelation 5:9 says: “[Christ’s] blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.”

I’m amazed how similar and diverse my family is…the family of God, that is. Here I was—an American woman from North Carolina listening to my Hungarian brothers and sisters in Budapest, Hungary sing a song written by our Hispanic brother in Colorado. 

My God has ransomed men, women and children from every tribe, language, people and nation, and I’m one of them! 

Awesome!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
* Actually, "more power, more love"
On Tuesdays I publish a devotion from the 2011 archive. This was originally published in August 2011. If you'd like to have a "double espresso shot" of Scripture today, check out Practicing Gratefulness

Sign up below to receive 1-Minute Bible Love Notes in your inbox each weekday. Be sure to VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to their inbox when they subscribe.
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Such a small world and especially the world of Believers!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...