What Makes an Expert?

Paul a prisoner, Ephesians 4:1, Ephesians 4
Artwork: Billy Frank Alexander
What makes an expert? 

I've been a Christian for almost 40 years, but I learn bunches from new Christians (or perhaps they remind me of things I've forgotten). 

But in some areas, I want advice from people with experience who didn't learn facts from books alone.

For example, I've been married 44 years, and I wouldn't seek marriage counseling from a newlywed counselor.

I thought about this when I read Ephesians 4:1 where Paul writes ~ 
"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." 

Ephesians is God's Word, so it's always expert advice, but I appreciate how God used men like Paul to write it. 

Who better than a "prisoner for the Lord" could warn and advise us? 

When was the last time you read through the book of Ephesians? Why not do it this week.

4 comments:

  1. I read through it frequently and STILL find new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still struggling with my prayer blocks, so I determined last night to go back to reading Psalms (or maybe the Lord directed me to). Psalms brings me comfort like no other. But thank you for the recommendation of Ephesians; I will put that next on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Psalms, Gail.
      I think it is a wonderful place to "dwell" with the Lord.
      Gives comfort, reminds us of faith, allows us to be open and honest about doubts and fears.
      Good choice.
      : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...