Man Says Show Me and I'll Trust You. God Says Something Different.

Man says "Show me and I'll Trust you." Do you know what God says? This 1-minute devotion shares some good thoughts about trusting God.

Man says, "Show me
and I’ll trust you."
God says, "Trust me and I’ll show you."
                                                     ~ Author Unknown 


Trust is the "firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something." 

We exercise trust every day. We trust we'll have air to breathe and water from the tap. 

But we don't automatically trust people. We wait for them to prove themselves, especially if they've done something to make us doubt their honesty or reliability. There's actually nothing wrong with this. It's part of wisdom.

Unfortunately, we sometimes bring this same skepticism to our faith in God. We act as if we can judge God's infinite wisdom with our finite human minds.

Most people who experience a "crisis of faith" do so because they've lost their trust in God's wisdom, justice, or love. Instead of leaning on the Lord and trusting Him completely, knowing He can use all things for their good (Romans 8:28), they "lean on their own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).

Dear Christians, we can trust everything God says...everything, including this promise: “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
 
Trust Him, and He will show you.
 
✜✜✜
 
You might also enjoy: Can Your Trust in God Be Tested? It uses an interesting analogy regarding trust.
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet offering quiet time encouragement. Find out more HERE.


Man says "Show me and I'll Trust you." Do you know what God says? This 1-minute devotion shares some good thoughts about trusting God.


Bible Love Notes 

9 comments:

  1. I loved this post...especially the saying at the beginning. How true! So happy I stopped by today. You are a blessing to me. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl, for taking the time to encourage me as well!

      Delete
    2. I thank you too. Need this with the circumstances I am in. Bless you.

      Delete
    3. Glad it was helpful.
      May God continue to speak to you in your circumstances.
      God bless,
      Gail

      Delete
    4. God knew just what I needed to hear tonight! I have a very important meeting in the morning at 10:00am. Thank you for sharing our family's life verse to remind me of who is in control.
      God Bless You!

      Delete
  2. I don't always understand what God is doing in my life but I know that I can trust Him. I copied out Proverbs 3: 5&6 this morning and then saved this post (which I found on Pinterest ;-)) to read later. It meant more reading it now than it would have earlier. God's timing was perfect for reading this post. Thanks Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blesses me to know how God used this to speak to your heart.
      : )

      Delete
  3. I love this post what god says that is very true.

    ReplyDelete