Friday

Man Says Show Me and I'll Trust You. God Says Trust Me and I'll Show You.

Trusting God
image: Billy Frank Alexander
Trust in the Lord wholeheartedly...

Man says show me 
and I’ll trust you.
God says trust me 
and I’ll show you.
Unknown 

Trust: "firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something." 

We exercise it every day--we trust we'll have air to breathe and water from the tap. 

But when it comes to people, we're cautious because people aren't always trustworthy. They let us down. So when we don't understand something a person does, we're likely to doubt their trustworthiness. 

Unfortunately, we bring this same skepticism to our faith in God. 

It's the basis of atheism--acting as if God is a human being to be judged by our finite minds. 

And it's the basis of every "crisis of faith" when we feel God has let us down. 

We think we can understand an infinite God with our finite understanding. That's why Scripture says: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).


7 comments:

  1. I loved this post...especially the saying at the beginning. How true! So happy I stopped by today. You are a blessing to me. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl, for taking the time to encourage me as well!

      Delete
    2. I thank you too. Need this with the circumstances I am in. Bless you.

      Delete
    3. Glad it was helpful.
      May God continue to speak to you in your circumstances.
      God bless,
      Gail

      Delete
    4. God knew just what I needed to hear tonight! I have a very important meeting in the morning at 10:00am. Thank you for sharing our family's life verse to remind me of who is in control.
      God Bless You!

      Delete
  2. I don't always understand what God is doing in my life but I know that I can trust Him. I copied out Proverbs 3: 5&6 this morning and then saved this post (which I found on Pinterest ;-)) to read later. It meant more reading it now than it would have earlier. God's timing was perfect for reading this post. Thanks Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blesses me to know how God used this to speak to your heart.
      : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...