Grieved, Repressed, Insulted - God Understands These Feelings

God is sometimes grieved and insulted, God understands our pain
Have you ever grieved? 

I have. I’ve lost both of my parents and I’ve suffered other difficult losses. Grief is a deep kind of sorrow over something lost that cannot be restored. 

Have you ever been repressed?

Perhaps you had the skills and desire to help someone who refused your help and foolishly harmed themselves. 

Have you ever been insulted? 

Maybe you've sacrificed for someone who ignored or maligned you.

Grief, repression, insult … These experiences help us understand how God feels when we sin (Ephesians 4:30; 1Thessalonians 5:19; Hebrews 10:29). 

I want to remember this the next time I lose my temper, neglect a responsibility, or nurture an ungodly thought. We can hurt our loving Father, and that alone should motivate us to godliness. 

“Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God with whom you were sealed.” 
Ephesians 4:30 

Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check it out HERE.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you,Gail. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good and blessed me. Love the Scriptures about how God feels about sin. So good to remember.

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you so much. This one minute BS helps me a lot and served as reminder for me to be calm and stay positive though it hurt to hear degrading statements from other people. Thanks God because in the way, i've shared Christ's suffering in a mild way:). I just want to express my thanks because I am learning and growing in you one minute devotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad Bible Love Notes are a blessing to you!
      Thank you for taking the time to let me know.
      God bless you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...