Let's Not Be Afraid to Share Our Faith

negative labels for Christians, Christians fear insults, silencing Christians unfairly
The affects of anti-Christian rhetoric...


Some people use the internet for evil. 

Some people are gluttons. 

But  we don't give up the internet and food because of these abuses. 

So why do we sometimes use this logic when it comes to sharing God's truth? 

People representing themselves as Christians speak hatefully and do mean-spirited things, often making headlines. By characterizing all Christians as weirdos and meanies, Christian opponents have been surprisingly successful in silencing us. 

We're afraid to speak up for truth for fear we'll be negatively labeled. 

But we need to get past this because we have the message of life

May we be like Jeremiah, who lived during a time such as ours and wrote these words:  
"if I say, 'I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,' his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." Jeremiah 20:9


For a 4 minute devotion I wrote about this subject, read Like a Fire in My Heart.

5 comments:

  1. Wow,Gail, this is a great scripture. I think the fire is a slow burn sometimes..........I just need to pay attention to when God says, "Let it out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, internet is a great tool, but it comes down to making the right choices. i will not back down!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a great post and a wake up call for us. The internet can be a blessing and a big help as we study scripture and other things! Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremiah's words are powerful and I pray that they would be my prayer. Thanks Gail.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...