When We Keep Short Accounts, Our Spiritual Life Stays Clean and Healthy

Keeping short accounts with God, repentance, sin, cleaning up little messes in our spiritual life
Cleaning tip: Clean up the little messes so they don’t become big messes.

When I bake, I like to put away the ingredients right after I use them, and wipe the counters after each spill. When I put the pan in the oven, I wash the mixing bowls. 

This way I avoid big messes.

This tip works spiritually too:
  • Unkempt thoughts create cluttered rooms of depression and discouragement.
  • Little spills of bitterness lead to floors sticky with anger, hatred, and jealousy.
  • Small piles of dishonesty accumulate into closets stuffed with self-deception.
But cleaning up the little sins helps prevent big messy ones.

Typically, Luke 16:10 is used to encourage faithfulness in our service to God, but it also applies to faithfulness in keeping our souls clean and ready to serve:

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” 

Little things matter.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still learning this lesson. But I am learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put it in a beautiful, creative way! Loved it!
    I think many of us (ladies) can relate to cleanliness : )
    Thanks Gail

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much do the same thing with my messes. I try and put out the little sparks before they become a big fire! I loved the analogies you used.

    We can let anger build and build and then we blow up and can hurt someone we love. Holding onto bitterness and anger only eats away and hurts US and keeps us in chains!

    Much better to communicate and also to forgive and forget when we need to.

    Thanks so much for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clean up the same way when I am cooking. It makes things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good illustration, Gail. I like cleaning the little messes as I go as it keeps me from getting overwhelmed. In a similar way cleaning the little messes of my heart keeps me from being overwhelmed with sin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to tackle the little messes as they happen, too. so much easier than having to stop and take care of really big messes.

    We'd love for you to share your posts at our Finished Friday blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now this is an old post but I see why God bought me to it today. Having a awful neighbour who Satan uses to really wear us down I needed the spiritual tips today. I will keep them and write them on a card so I can be reminded of them every day. With a heart-felt thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...