I Want You to Like Me

2 Timothy 3:16-17, God's Word rebukes and corrects us
I want all of you to like and affirm me.

And I know you also want to be liked and affirmed.

There’s nothing wrong with this unless we make affirmation our purpose in life.

Unfortunately, we live in a culture that teaches us we deserve a continual diet of affirmation. And our hunger for it has influenced our Christianity

Sometimes we forget these words: 

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

If you haven't noticed, I don't write all the easy stuff. I know I can't grow without being challenged, and that's true for all of us.

I’d rather share affirming things that make you like me because I usually lose readers when I challenge popular beliefs. But I know that most of you want to know the truth.

 

7 comments:

  1. Good message....Hope your week shines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail, for presenting me with a challenge.
    I'd rather hear and receive the truth, which sets me free in Christ Jesus,
    than tarry on the road which leads to destruction. Have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you Go Girl! Speak the truth in love and let the chips fall where they may. Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail, I would much rather have a few followers that want the truth, then those that want their ears tickled.
    And we are told to discern between evil and good so we may judge with His standard. But your points and scriptures were right on.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is better to have just one follower than to be a 'men-pleaser' and have 3000 followers. You have actually made me really look forward to this weeks posts!! Do I have to wait??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sticking with you Gail, even if the truth hurts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...