We Vote Every Day

We vote everyday based on our values and priorities. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

When we vote, we typically listen to the candidates platforms, study the issues, and decide which candidate best represents our values.

We aren’t responsible for the outcome of the election, but we’re responsible for our vote.

What I sometimes fail to realize is that I actually vote for my values every day.

Who will be my Lord today…Jesus or me? 

How will I vote when faced with a moral dilemma? Will I do the right thing? Or will I vote to be lord of my life? Will I study and support God’s "platform" or create my own?

Will I vote for gratefulness instead of discouragement? Forgiveness instead of bitterness? Wholesome entertainment instead of violence and immorality?

Every day we vote…and we’re responsible for our votes. We have an obligation to vote in the Spirit denying the flesh (Romans 8:1-17).

Today let's vote for Jesus.

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

We vote everyday based on our values and priorities. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought. I agree with all you said!

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a balm in my life, Gail :-) as I slip your Love Notes in between housework and blogwork. I am going to vote for "gratefulness instead of discouragement" today.

    ReplyDelete