Advising God!

"Many folks want to serve God but only as advisors."
author unknown

Ouch! I know I’m sometimes guilty. 

Sometimes I do something without praying and then I ask God to bless it afterwards. Or I just assume my plans are God’s plans. Or I get upset when God doesn’t do things my way. 

Sometimes I’ve even had the arrogance to say, “If I were God, I’d do it this way,” as if anything I plan could be better than His plans! 

God doesn’t need my advice and He doesn’t need yours—we need His. 

That’s why Scripture says: 
"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you...But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.” James 1:5,6, NLT 

Let's ask and believe!
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free  Enter your email address

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful reminder. We need to remember to be humble with God, even when we think we know best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this reminder to keep the right perspective before God. Your posts are always such an encouragement to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminds me of the following: "Don't do as I do - do as I say!" I am also reminded re: "My brethren, be not many teachers, knowing that we shall receive the severer judgement." James 3:1 This is a sobering thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...