Bread Alone

Manna collected daily, Matthew 4:4
They couldn’t plant and harvest, so God supernaturally gave them manna--a delicious, healthy grain.  Manna was not only a proof of God's love, it was also a test of faith. 

But they failed the test...they repeatedly complained and begged for Egyptian slave food.

Lately I’m realizing how often I do the same thing. I’m more apt to be disappointed about something I don't have than enjoy God’s marvelous presence and provision for me. 

“He gave you manna to eat...to teach you that you must not depend on bread alone to sustain you, but on everything that the Lord says” (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4:4)

God's Word is always available to keep me healthy and well-fed spiritually if I’ll quit longing for things I don't have and start "collecting and eating" it daily.



If you're married, you might enjoy the first post in my marriage series called Man's Best Friend.

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 comments:

  1. Great post. So often we tend to complain about what we don't have, instead of giving thanks for what we do have. Your postings make a big difference in our lives, keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouraging comment, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true! Great reminder.

    Blessings to you♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail - such a great reminder to appreciate all we have and to be thankful for it, as you say, His provision. My word for this year is content and although I want to be content in whatever state, I also want to be appreciative. God bless and thanks for linking up. Love seeing you there.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, I always appreciate your comments and also your WINSOME WEDNESDAY link up.

      Delete
  5. So true! I find that when I am not in the Word, I tend to be more of a whiner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder, Gail. I'm guilty of this, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...