Knowing God's Word By Heart

I think you'll enjoy this look at what it means to "know God's Word by HEART." #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Recently I wrote about knowing a Scripture passage "by heart" (5 Keys) and I began thinking about that phrase.

What a great way to describe "hiding God's Word in our hearts" (Psalm 119:11).

♥ It's more than memorizing words, although that's part of it.

It's letting those memorized words sink deep into our hearts permeating our thinking, speaking and acting (Colossians 3:16).

It's taking those words to heart in every situation where they apply.

It's wholeheartedly believing those words instead of trusting our own reasoning powers or the reasoning of others (Proverbs 3:5)

It's having a heart for the things of God.

It's letting God's truth pierce our hearts (Acts 2:37), bind up our broken hearts (Psalm 147:3), soften our hearts (Ezekiel 11:19), cleanse our hearts (Psalm 51:10).

It's letting God write His Words on our hearts (2 Corinthians 3:3).

Yes! I want to know God's Word "by heart."

How about you?
-----------------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


I think you'll enjoy this look at what it means to "know God's Word by HEART." #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

1 comment:

  1. I know this, while talking to my daughter about the Word, I'll have scripture come to me that I don't remember reading.

    ReplyDelete