Bullets and Bibles - Saving Lives

Read this 1-minute devotion about a soldier in Iraq saved by his pocket Bible and add to this other incredible stories of Bibles saving lives. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
 
Soldier saved from bullet by his pocket Bible...

Baghdad, 2007: PFC Brendan Schweigart was hit by a sniper. The bullet went into his side and out his chest, where it was stopped by a pocket Bible he kept in his bullet-proof vest. 

If the Bible had not been there, it’s likely that the bullet would have ricocheted off the armor and back into his body, possibly killing him. 

This is not the first time a pocket Bible has been credited for saving the life of a soldier. 

I have my father’s pocket Bible from WWII, and it actually has a metal cover for that specific purpose.
 

But I have a story about a Bible saving my life too:
I was a disillusioned, nominal Christian, who saw no purpose in life beyond my own happiness. 

Then, I began reading the Bible…and it led me to the Lord, who saved me from eternal death.

Hebrews 4:12:
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."


My story is every bit as incredible as PFC Schweigart’s. What about you? Do you have a story about the Bible saving your life?

Do the short Bible study on this devotion HERE.


Read this 1-minute devotion about a soldier in Iraq saved by his pocket Bible and add to this other incredible stories of Bibles saving lives. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
 


2 comments:

  1. I am amazed that no one has commented on this post Gail.. It is very well addressed and on mark.. We are to teach even in the uncomfortable areas. I applaud you for standing for truth. Some days I feel like we haven't learned anything from history. I appreciate your efforts for the Cross and enjoy your readings. Many tend to fit scripture to their opinions and go no deeper, I'm glad you do and share those insights. Prayers and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement!!
      Please pray that I share God's Word accurately.
      Thanks.

      Delete