The Light Within

She was living in a most difficult situation, but her light was shining bright. This 1-minute devotion explains.

When I first met Karen, cancer had already ravaged her body. She was weak and only occasionally came out of her room. I lived in her home for six weeks, helping with chores and meals. And I observed her…


Her five-year illness had left its mark, deteriorating her physical body, but she glowed with the peace of Christ. And she was grateful for the simplest things.

Her attitude made me think of Matthew 5:14-16 and Luke 11:33-36 which describe God's true children as lights in our world, lights that can shine no matter how dark our circumstances.

“Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you” (Luke 11:36).

Karen was a wonderful example of someone with a healthy view of God. When she stood face-to-face with the Lord a few months later, I knew her light grew even brighter (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

💙💙💙

For another example of someone who transmitted this light in the midst of illness, see The Big C and Joshua 1:9.

And if you own Wisdom for Life, I hope you'll read or reread Day 12. It's a special story for me.


She was living in a most difficult situation, but her light was shining bright. This 1-minute devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes

1 comment: