Would This Motivate You to Read Your Bible More Often?

This 1-minute devotion asks a very important question...What will you answer?

The phone! The doorbell! Something on TV! A forgotten responsibility!

All of these things vie for my attention when I try to read the Bible. And some of you have even more interruptions than I have since I'm an empty nester.

But someone once asked me this question: If you earned $1000 every day you read your Bible for one hour, how many days would you miss?

Bible reading offers:
  • a closer relationship with the Creator of the universe
  • increased faith, guidance, knowledge
  • and much more! 
Yet most of us fail to prioritize it as we should. The Psalmist has an important message for us:

The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold (Psalm 19:9-10).

The law from [the Lord's] mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold (Psalm 119:72).

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42:2)

Back to the question: We make time for things we think are important. And we should value time in God's Word more than financial gain. 

Will you join me today in praying for a heart that thirsts for the living God more than anything else?
💙💙💙
 
Psalm 119 is dedicated to praising God's Word and explaining its many benefits. I think you'll enjoy the one-minute devotion How I Delight in Your Commands.

If you own Wisdom for Life, you'll find some additional inspiration and insights by reading or re-reading Day 29. 

The Wisdom for Life devotional features 100 one-minute devotions from Psalms and Proverbs. Each devotion also features a helpful "For Further Thought" section.

This 1-minute devotion asks a very important question...What will you answer?


 
This 1-minute devotion asks a very important question...What will you answer?


Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. I read the bible everyday.. I call it my lunch with God ..I will not miss it..it gives me comfort to get through the rest of my day..I have only started this in the last month and I'm sorry I didn't start earlier. Bless you for these minutes. I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gail, It is a good devotional to think about.

    ReplyDelete