Movin' On

Sometimes you've done your best to make peace but the other person isn't interested in reconciling. This 1-minute devotion shares the Christian response.

“Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers, and move on. You don’t have to forget who that person was to you; only accept they aren’t that person anymore.” (author unknown)

Is there anyone in your life who used to be a close friend but now has something against you?

The Bible says you should make every effort to reconcile with them (Matthew 5:23-24).

But suppose you try and they aren’t receptive. Maybe they don't want to talk and aren't interested in your relationship anymore.

Romans 12:18 recognizes we can only do so much when people aren’t receptive: "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

So, making sure we’ve given it our best, especially making sure we have dealt with all bitterness, we can let them know we're available if they ever change their minds.

And we can move on with confidence, knowing God will use our pain for good (Romans 8:28). Friends may change, but Jesus doesn't. Friends may leave, but Jesus won't (Hebrews 13:8; Hebrews 13:5).
---------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Sometimes you've done your best to make peace but the other person isn't interested in reconciling. This 1-minute devotion shares the Christian response. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


Bible Love Notes

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I need to move on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good although things like that hurt so much...we need to move on and deal with the hurt because 'hurt' is a form of bitterness. Thanks Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need prayer I'm devastated cuz a friendship is ruined I tried everything to restore it.but it's over now...I wish this person would forgive me but this person will not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown, I'm so sorry that you are suffering over this relationship. I pray that you will take your concerns and regrets to the Lord and let Him comfort and guide you. And I pray that the broken relationship will be restored. In Jesus Name.
      Gail

      Delete
  4. Thank you. I am dealing with this right now and have been for over 30 years. Last Sept., I decided that I would finally close the door, after giving this person multiple chances. This person has a multitude of illnesses, but I continue to pray for healing because even though I'm the bad guy in EVERYTHING, I want restoration in her body and mind for the other loved ones around her.

    I just got tired of being accused of things I never did, and then she was starting to bring my boys into it...and she doesn't even know them. Anyway, thank you. Your daily notes are encouraging and usually spot on to what I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has blessed u several times. In turn me by speaking to my heart. Regardless of whether it is something I want to hear or not, your love notes often bless me.

    I've taught rubber stamping & scrapbooking since the late 80s. I had people who came from 1-2.5 hrs away. Once I lost a group after getting really sick. It hurt. One of friends to whom I was closest, called a few years ago to ask health questions, apologize, & ask if she could come back. She got the same disease I did! After a few months we had great telephone times. But she passed away before we got to play or meet for dinner w/our husbands. I was happy & honored to have had the time to witness to her and will be Thrilled to see her in heaven. I also live & miss her.

    After that loss, I realized God leads people into my life to plant my God-seeds. Many of these people are what I call checkmark Christian's, who post their love for Jesus everywhere, but dont follow or serve Him, I THINK once He sees these people arent willing to take a stand for Him, He leads them out of my life & on to someone else.

    As far as your timing, I believe this is happening to 2 dear friends right now. It is very sad till I realize this is God's will. He's much better to be in charge, than I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After 47 of being together ,and being denied any intimate relationship for the past eight years,the refusals to get professional help I have decided to move on. I won't look back or cry over spilt milk,what will remain are our two sons/two daughters and eight grand adorable grand children. Yes I am moving on,not into anybodies arms again. But to marvel at God's marvelous creation. The multitude of knots in my life are slowly being untied. When the last knot is untied and the ribbon of my life is flowing free and straightaway , I will flow into the hands of my everlasting father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Unknown
    May God richly bless you more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail
    Just to tell you how much I appreciate your Bible Love Notes, I look forward to them everyday,sometimes for guidance (which I need) for explanations on different subjects, you do clear up a lot of matters for me.
    The Lord sent you on my path.

    Thank you again so very much

    ReplyDelete