I’ve been blessed and inspired by the good comments, and even by a few of the negative ones.
There are typically two types of negative comments:
- Kind and thoughtful ones (rare)
- Unkind comments accusing me of being unkind
|2 Principles...been wanting to use this photo : )|
- I try to not automatically assume I'm right.* Our hearts easily deceive us and we usually think too highly of ourselves (Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 12:3).
- I ask God for wisdom so I neither miss good correction or accept bad criticism (James 1:5; 1 Corinthians 4:3-4). This is the most difficult part and requires seeking the Lord and trusting Him, not ourselves or others.
* I can get defensive at first, but I try to stop myself and think before I write. I don't do it perfectly, but I'm trying.
LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another server. Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.
If you'd like to read a humorous collection of my spam comments: Spammers Make Me Laugh