Friday

Every Day

Honor Parents, Honor God, Fifth Commandment
The other day two friends and I agreed that our husbands “just don’t get it” when it comes to motherly instincts and feelings. But being a mother still doesn’t mean I fully understand the sacrifices that my own mother made…or the sacrifices other mothers make. 

Fortunately, we don’t need to fully understand our mothers to appreciate them.

So I want to make it known that I’m thankful for my mother who I love and admire. I haven’t seen her for 20 years because she’s been hangin' out with Jesus in heaven, but I look forward to hangin' out with them both when I get there. And I’m thankful for Jean Purath, who's not only my mother-in-law but a gracious friend.

My Mom
My husband's mom
Both of these women are deserving of honor, and as I honor them, I'm simultaneously honoring God. You see, even though men may not “get it,” God does.

And that’s why He proclaimed every day a day to honor mothers (Ephesians 6:2-3).



Please check out my May mantle, decorated with a HOME SWEET HOME theme-seems fitting for May since Moms have so much to do with making home SWEET! 

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
former B&BB

12 comments:

  1. Amen, Gail, to both comments you made...that men don't get it and that we should honor our mothers!! :)

    In His Lo♥e, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail - great post! I am choosing today to honour my mom
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail,
    Thanks for the visit and the invite. I used to link up but I stopped because I couldn't find where to link,like now!!! Thanks for the encouragement also! Don't say I'm more talented than you! God gave all of us gifts, maybe I just spend more time developing this particular gift!!! (I was going to answer your comment by email, but you're a no reply blogger!) Where would we b e without our mothers!? My mom is my bestest friend! We see each other almost every day!
    :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, you should consider linking this tribute to your mom/m-i-l with Ann Voskamp this week. Anyone who links a post to her mother's day tribute will be helping to raise funds for mothers/women in Haiti.

    And happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, Gail!
    Sixteen years ago my mom began spending time with our incredible Lord, after ninety-five years here on earth. I know she's enjoying every second. How magnificent that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful way to remember your mother. Happy Mother's day. Thanks for sharing on the NOBH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always appreciate your encouragement. Started my on link party today. I'd love it if you'd come check it out as you are one of the people who inspired me to go for it. ;)

    http://cornerstoneconfessions.com

    Hope to see you there.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Scripture references NIV unless otherwise noted.