Long-Distance Hugs from a Brother or Sister in Christ

God is such an incredible Comforter. This 1-minute devotion explains how He uses His children for this purpose if we're willing.

I’ve been going through some challenging times lately, times that test and refine my faith (1 Peter 1:3-9). And God often encourages me  through the kindness of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

My husband and I have been moving most of our lives, never putting down long-term roots. We know it's been God's plan for us (Ephesians 2:10), but it has its challenges

For example, we often don't have close friendships in our immediate location. But God has given us some wonderful long-term long-distance relationships. 

When I’m struggling, God often prompts a long-distance friend to contact me and tell me that God brought me to mind and they wanted to let me know they're praying for me. He also encourages me through Bible Love Notes readers who write to tell me that a devotion has helped them.

My husband helps me with BLN correspondence, and sometimes he’ll read one of these emails and we both end up with tears in our eyes. They are long-distance “hugs” from our brothers and sisters in Christ, many whom we’ve never met in person.

These “hugs” are also great reminders to me to be sensitive to God’s promptings so I can encourage others nearby or far away (Romans 12:15; Hebrews 10:24). And when we encourage others, it takes our focus off ourselves, and gives us more contentment in our circumstances.(1)

It's another way God comforts us (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).(2)

Is there someone you need to encourage today? 


💙💙💙💙

(1) See Beatin' the Blues and Think Inside the Box.

(2) 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 

For more on this subject, see:

How to Comfort Friends Who Are Hurting

Romans 12:15 – Rejoice and Mourn

Go to the Source

💙💙💙💙

https://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/wisdom-for-life-devotional/

I also encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. 
 
If you have the book and are enjoying it, I hope you'll leave a review on Amazon. Thanks!
 

 

God is such an incredible Comforter. This 1-minute devotion explains how He uses His children for this purpose if we're willing.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment