Saying "No" to Ministry


These 3 questions can help us determine whether God wants us taking on a new project. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions #Burnout

When it comes to ministry, there are:
  • Couch Christians who always say "no."
  • Burnt-out Christians who never say "no." 
  • Wise Christians who understand when to say "no."
As a new believer, I was burnt-out.

Then I realized I couldn’t effectively do the things God wanted me to do if I was also doing things He wanted others to do.  

The most important way to determine our priorities is through prayer, and these three questions can help us determine if a new project is something God has called us to do (Philippians 4:6Proverbs 3:5-6).

1. Can I take on this new project without neglecting my other responsibilities? (Colossians 3:23)
2. How would my spouse, friends, or parents counsel me about this new project? (Proverbs 15:22; Ephesians 5:22)
3. Am I overextending myself simply to "look good" to others? (Proverbs 29:25)

We can avoid burn-out by pursuing God's plans and purposes (Ephesians 2:10).

FREE E-BOOKLET:
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.




These 3 questions can help us determine whether God wants us taking on a new project. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions #Burnout

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment