What’s on your bucket list?

What's on your bucket list? You might want to add this suggestion if it's not already on it. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions #BucketList

Most of us have some specific things we’d like to do before we die. 

I’ve pondered this question and decided there’s one thing at the top of my bucket list: I want to draw closer to my Lord. 

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8 

Imagine that - something we can do here and now that will bring eternal benefits!

God tells us to prepare our minds for action (1 Peter 1:13), seriously study His Word (2 Timothy 2:15), and earnestly "work out our salvation" (Philippians 2:12). 

There are a few places I’d like to travel and a few things I'd like to do before I die, but I want my relationship with the Lord to always be my #1 goal.

How about you?
------------
“Bucket List”: a list of things you’d like to do before you “kick the bucket.” From our modern perspective, the term “kick the bucket” would seem to mean suicide when a person kicks the bucket from beneath his feet, but the term is used to mean death, not suicide. According to the Oxford English Dictionary: “The wooden frame that was used to hang animals up by their feet for slaughter was called a bucket. Not unnaturally they were likely to struggle or to spasm after death and hence 'kick the bucket.'” (source)

FREE E-BOOKLET:
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.



What's on your bucket list? You might want to add this suggestion if it's not already on it. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions #BucketList

Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. It is a trend to have a bucket list, especially among young people... I understand. I don't have one though, just things I want to accomplish :) and I can find myself in your desire... being closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely be closer to God! To know and do His will. That would be at the top of the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail, I too have a Blog and FB Page. It's called Notes from Grace. Would love for you to take a look at it! I had a post a while back- thought I would share it with you.
    Bucket List
    “But that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, but My Father only.” Matthew 24: 36
    What if God wrote our bucket list? Wow! What a thought! I’m thinking it would be a little bit different. This is not to put a negative spin on anyone’s bucket list, everyone has things they want to do before they die…get after it, and none of us are getting any younger. But, there are some really important things that we as Christians need to have on that list. We can’t put these things off thinking we will get to them later. What if Jesus was coming tomorrow? Or next week, next year, or on your next birthday? None of us knows when He will come, the bible tells us that. Do you have unfinished business? Someone to witness to? Forgive? Love?
    #getafterit #Heiscoming #timeisofthessence
    Dear Lord, thank you for your promise of returning to us someday. Help me to keep you at the top of my bucket list. And remind me of my unfinished business…Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I just liked your Facebook page and took a look at your blog. Nicely done. May God bless your ministry!

      Delete
  4. The same here: on the top of my list I wrote: to walk with god like Enoch

    ReplyDelete