What Stacking Dolls Have Taught Me

I love stacking dolls, but they've also taught me important things about my transformation in Christ. This 1-minute devotion explains.
Nesting dolls and I have something in common.

I bought my first in the late 1970’s marked “Made in the U.S.S.R.”  These letters stood for the Communist enslavement of much of Europe.

Under Communism, the stacking doll wore a uniform of red, white, and yellow with a few flowers to remind her of freedom she didn’t have. 

But when the wall fell, she came alive. Artists’ hands, freed from the shackles of atheism, again painted her with beauty, mystery, color and life. 

I once wore the uniform of slavery to sin, marked with "made in Adam." There were flowers of God’s image on me, but they were mere reminders of the freedom I’d lost (Romans 5:12-19).

Then the Great Artist freed me, carved repentance and belief on my heart, and painted me with garments of grace.

Nesting dolls and I have something in common. No wonder I like them so much.

If you'd like to see my complete collection of Russian Stacking dolls, click HERE.  



I love stacking dolls, but they've also taught me important things about my transformation in Christ. This 1-minute devotion explains.


I love stacking dolls, but they've also taught me important things about my transformation in Christ. This 1-minute devotion explains.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, I have one set of stacking dolls (that we learned to call "matryoshka dolls") that I was given when we lived for a very short time in Switzerland. Fun memories. I enjoyed going back and looking at several of your decorating posts.. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of the matryoshka dolls too, from Russia. This post you wrote will now always be with me when I see them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete