Friday

The 100 Year Old Man

Years ago I regularly visited a nursing home to encourage lonely residents. We’d chat and I’d ask if I could read an encouraging Psalm before leaving.

One morning, a nurse pointed to a man alone on the porch. “He’s 100 years old. He’d enjoy a visit.”

The centenarian was happy to visit with me. Afterward, I pulled out my Bible and asked if I could read a Psalm.

“No," he said, "It would be embarrassing if someone saw me listening to the Bible."

I was surprised that after 100 years of life, he was more worried about man's opinions than God's. 

I sometimes have that problem myself. 

But Jesus says, “Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them" (Luke 9:23-26).

If I’m on a nursing home porch 40 years from now, I pray the nurse will point at me and say, “She’s over 100 years old, and she loves to talk about Jesus.” 
---------------
A simple way to show your love for Jesus is to share Bible truths on whatever social media you enjoy. Bible Love Notes can help you do that - Check out our Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, and please share and like what we post. Thanks! Gail

4 comments:

  1. Gail, I hope that I would be sitting next to you, listening and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I hope I am sitting between the two of you!...blessings...laney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...