Emotions, Logic, or God's Word?

Emotions can't be trusted, People make decisions based on emotions
Lately I've noticed non-Biblical beliefs are hard to overcome.
For example, I've found it hard to convince people with the "Judge Not!" mindset that many types of judgment are Biblical. (See my Biblical Judgement Archive)

I've argued from a point of logic, explaining judgment is necessary:
  • for formulating values and beliefs.
  • for moral decision-making.
  • for protecting ourselves from bad influences.
  • for helping others caught in sin.
I've presented numerous Scriptures confirming these points of logic.*

I've even referenced the wisdom of respected Bible scholars and teachers.

But I'm finding that nothing will change some people's minds.

This was perplexing to me until I read about a recent study that concluded most people make decisions based on emotions, not logic. 

Emotions can be good, but only when coupled with truth. Otherwise they lead to error and sin.*

I realize that I'm also susceptible to illogical, un-biblical emotions - and so are you. Let's pray each day that we lean on God's wisdom, not our own (Proverbs 3:5-6).
* When I speak of coming from a point of logic, I'm talking about Biblical logic, not human logic. Biblical logic will always be confirmed in Scripture, and Scripture is the highest authority because it is God's Word.

1 comment:

  1. I've also believe that emotions change and when we make decisions on emotions, you can get mixed thoughts. That's another reason to rely on biblical logic, it never changes. It's stable and fair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...