I jumped up and looked out the window at the pouring rain.
Had lightening struck our house?
No, but it hit a power line and knocked out our electricity.
I began thinking of the upcoming challenges:
- No air conditioning to cool the stagnant Florida heat.
- No lights.
- No appliances for a warm meal.
- No water (we have a well with an electric pump).
If only I realized I need Christ's power even more than I need electricity.
His power (Ephesians 3:20):
- Blows away the stagnant errors in my mind (Romans 12:2).
- Brings light to my darkness (John 8:12).
- Sustains me better than a hot meal (Matthew 4:4).
- Gives me Living Water (John 7:38).
Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.