Power Lines

Ephesians 3:20, Depending on Jesus
"Boom!" 

I jumped up and looked out the window at the pouring rain. 

Had lightening struck our house? 

No, but it hit a power line and knocked out our electricity. 

I began thinking of the upcoming challenges: 

  • No air conditioning to cool the stagnant Florida heat. 
  • No lights. 
  • No appliances for a warm meal. 
  • No water (we have a well with an electric pump). 
I could have hugged the men from Duke Energy who came within the hour to repair the damage. 

If only I realized I need Christ's power even more than I need electricity. 

His power (Ephesians 3:20):
And the best part is that God's power lines don't go down unless we disconnect ourselves from prayer, God's Word, and fellowship (Philippians 2:12-13). 

Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...