Marathon Training

Hebrews 12:1, Running the Race, training for the Lord
In ancient days, before an athlete began a race, he "girded up his loins," pulling up or removing his long robe so his legs were free to run.

Peter uses this imagery in 1 Peter 1:13-16, stressing the importance of preparing our minds for spiritual "action."

When runners train for a marathon, they:
  • Eat foods that build their bodies.
  • Run regularly, building their stamina and speed.
  • Avoid situations causing injury.
When we run our spiritual race, we should:
"All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step... I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should." 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

Are you training for the race?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do, but I find I am not always so disciplined as I should be IF I am aiming for the price :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...