Self-Image

This 1-minute devotion explains 4 things that can give us a distorted view of ourselves, each with a Scriptural explanation.

I am who God says I am, and you are who God says you are.

Paul said, "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." 1 Corinthians 4:3-4

It's easy to have the wrong view of ourselves due to: 

1. Self-deception (Jeremiah 17:9-10; 2 Corinthians 10:18).
Thinking too highly or too lowly of ourselves.

2. The false perspective of others (1 Samuel 16:7).
Letting others judge us by externals.

3. Comparisons (2 Corinthians 10:12).
Judging ourselves based on the behavior of others.

4. Excuses for sin (1 John 1:9-10).
Excusing sins instead of dealing with them.

But when we humble ourselves, letting the Lord judge, correct, and commend us (1 Peter 5:6), we gain a realistic view of who we are.

"Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." Romans 12:3
---------------------------
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


This 1-minute devotion explains 4 things that can give us a distorted view of ourselves, each with a Scriptural explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment