Tuesday

Peanut Butter or Gourmet Fare?

man on cruise who ate peanut butter sandwiches, feeding on God's Word
I heard about a man who went on a cruise but didn’t realize the food was included in the price. While others dined on the chef’s finest dishes in the dining room, he ate peanut butter sandwiches in his room.

It's a good analogy for my behavior at times when I stupidly depend on my own resources instead of God. 

I may see some results…after all, peanut butter has some nutrition.

But real change comes when I depend on God’s Word and prayer to change me.

Hebrews 4:12 says God’s Word is alive (yes!). It actively changes my heart and mind and reveals my true attitudes. If I have faith in it, memorize it and meditate on it, I will change.

You and I can dine on the peanut butter of self-help or sit at the banquet table of God’s Word. When we sign up for our salvation journey all “meals” are included!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
 
For free email delivery of 1-Minute Bible Love Notes enter your email address and click "Subscribe"


You must VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your email to start your subscription.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your SHORT blog post, you have a way of writing something powerful without using too many words. Thanks... and yes, all meals are included!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...