Scripture encourages us that our life in Christ will be blessed with Christ's help, guidance, comfort, peace, joy, and purpose as we wait for a perfect eternity.
And Scripture also tells us an abundant life involves:
- Self-sacrifice: Giving up our desires and plans whenever they interfere with God's. Matthew 16:24-26, Matthew 6:28-34
- Obedience: even when it's hard. John 14:15
- Persecution: not popularity. 2 Timothy 3:12
- Loyalty: Being proud of God's words even when they contradict our culture's call for "tolerance," "sexual freedom," and self-love. Mark 8:38
* John 10:10-NIV, NLT, NRSV, ESV
Would you like to take a look at three short Scripture passages--a total of 5 verses--and ask the Lord to show you how they apply specifically to your full life? Then check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.