"Why Did God Create Man With the Ability to Sin?"

This 1-minute devotion addresses this question: "Why did God create mankind with the ability to sin?"

Scripture says "always be prepared" to explain our faith, so let's consider this question: 

"Why did God create Adam and Eve with the ability to sin?" 

We know that God can do anything He wants. He could have programmed mankind like robots, dictating our every move. But He didn't want robots.

He wanted us to understand genuine love, and genuine love requires freedom to choose. 

I know that I wouldn't like it if my husband and children were programmed to love me. I want them to love me for myself, and God wants us to love Him for Himself.

So God created Adam and Eve and all of mankind with the ability to make choices, and even though He wants us to make the right choices, He doesn't force us to do that.

This answer should satisfy us, but we also must admit that we can't fully understand every aspect of God's plans because God's ways are beyond our full understanding (Isaiah 55:9).  

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

✜✜✜

I encourage you to check out this related content: The Six Oldest Sins in the Book.


Wisdom for Life: An attractive hardcover devotional costing less than most paperbacks.

I also encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. 

It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word.

 

This 1-minute devotion addresses this question: "Why did God create mankind with the ability to sin?"


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment