My Grandfather Homestead Was Stolen

Galatians 6:7, a man reaps what he sows
My great grandfather and his cousin homesteaded in Kansas in the late 1800's, and his cousin deceived him by switching claims. 

After my grandfather built a home, his cousin revealed the switched claims and "legally" stole my grandfather's house.

My grandfather, an especially forgiving soul, took this injustice in stride. But it wasn't easy for his family who lived in a shack until my grandfather had time and money to build another home. 

But there's an epilogue.

Years later, natural gas was discovered on my grandfather's plot, and not on his cousin's. 

My grandfather's children and grandchildren benefited from that oil well for many years, which is now barely producing but still pays my sisters and me (his great granddaughters) about $100 a year. 

Some injustice is not righted until the the Judgement, but Scripture promises "a man reaps what he sows" (Galatians 6:7).
-----------------------
If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .

Enter your email address
Galatians 6:7, a man reaps what he sows

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a story!!! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good. When we are wronged, we can trust God to work things out. We have no need of taking things into our own hands. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, is this a true story? How cool, and I love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marja, this was the story told to me by my grandmother and father. My sisters and I still have our share of that well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...