1. How many copies are available for comparing inconsistencies.
2. When was the copy made (i.e. how long after the original).
Most ancient manuscripts have under ten copies and date 1000 plus years after their originals.
But there's one that stands alone as if Someone had guaranteed it would be above doubt.
- 5,750 ancient manuscripts in the original language
- 25,000 in other languages
- 1 manuscript dated 300 years after the original writing
- 1 part of the manuscript dated 35 years after the original
If you haven't already guessed, it's the New Testament.
Isn't it ironic that despite these proofs, more people doubt the validity of the Bible than any other ancient manuscript?
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." Isaiah 40:8
Source: Skeptics Answered by D. James Kennedy