Even the Aroma of Coffee

Proverbs 4:23, guard your heart, smell of coffee influences our health, smell of coffee releases antioxidants
Do you like the aroma of freshly brewed coffee? 

Experts have discovered that the pleasure of smelling coffee may release powerful antioxidants in our body to protect nerve cells from stress-related damage even if we don't drink it! 

God created us multifaceted, and we are sensitive to things even when we aren't conscious of their influence—like the smell of coffee! 

Proverbs 4:23 says, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” 

Television, movies, books and music are powerful influences. When they have violent or immoral themes, they affect our attitudes and emotions. 

These “strong smells” alter our "spiritual chemistry.” Only as we smell the good things of God can we guard our hearts. 

Are there things that badly influence your life? 

Ask God to take away your desire for these "aromas." 

© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 
Proverbs 4:23 from New Living Translation 
Coffee mug photo: digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net 
Resource: Coffeesbar 

Dear readers, I have only "rerun" devotions twice in my 27 months doing Bible Love Notes, and today is one of those "reruns" from July 2011. I hope you enjoy this devotion even if you are reading it for the second time. Gail 

4 comments:

  1. Good advice! Besides desensitizing us to behaviors that are negative, what we watch on TV, listen to, or read on the internet, etc. truly affects our moods. I know that for me, I need to stay away from sad shows or I know I'll become sad as well. I like to stick to happy and funny things as they keep me smiling.

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you reran this post. I love coffee and the smell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about desensitizing. I watch too much TV and end up wasting my time. God is leading me to make some positive changes.

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of coffee. This makes me glad that my husband drinks it each morning. I don't drink it. I agree that things can influence us like the smell of coffee when we are not even aware of it. This is a good reason to be on guard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...