Wait for the English

God spoke to remote African Tribe about His Son Jesus, Alfred Buxton, C.T. Studd
"One of our missionaries came across a tribe who asked him if he was English. When he told them he was, they brought him to a man who recounted the most astonishing story. Several years before, when he was a teenager, this man had a vivid dream. In the dream God told him, 'Wait for the English; they will tell you about Me.' Ever since the people of the village had questioned any white person who crossed their path, asking if he was English."       Alfred Buxton 
Imagine the joy of Buxton, a British missionary to Africa in the late 1800's, when he met this tribe in a remote African village. 

Are you facing an "impossible" situation?

Take a moment today and remember that we serve a God who is able to speak to a tribe in the remotest parts of Africa and tell them the exact nationality of the person who will tell them about His Son. 
Buxton was C.T. Studd's son-in-law 
The quote is from C.T. Studd, No Retreat, by Janet and Geoff Benge, YWAM Publishing 
While I recommend this book in the YWAM Christian Heroes series, I do not recommend all of the books in this series.

14 comments:

  1. I love the comfort of knowing God will fulfill his plan for us and for mankind. What a privilege of coming alongside him in his work! Thanks for sharing such a terrific story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is awesome, working all things together for good for His children! Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so awesome! I loved this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I vaguely remember hearing or reading that story....or one similar. Thank you so much for reminding me of how powerful God is to work on my behalf. I just think my faith is kind of small like a mustard seed...but then that is big enough!!

    Thanks for hosting the linkup Gail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so amazing to be the answer to someone's prayer. Thanks for sharing this story, Gail and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love amazing stories, and it is NO coincidence when things like this happen. Thank you for hosting your lovely site. We should not be surprized when miracles happen, for God is the God of the seemingly impossable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's awesome! I think it would be amazing to have been the missionary and hear that! :) What a blessing to have been the answer to that prayer! Thanks for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail, I reserve my specially coined word for occasions such as this: Love this SPIRITipitous story! Thank you for building my faith by sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friend is a missionary? My son is going to be so pleased when I let him read this story. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful story, Gail!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail! That is such an amazing story, I guess some have heard it before, but I had not. How wonderful! And that the person remembered God's word and waited faithfully for it too...now that's a model for me to follow!

    Happy Friday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't God amazing?! I didn't realize you were doing a linky party! I'm going to add your button to my link up directory! Thanks Gail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found out about it, Sylvia. Tell your blogger friends : )

      Delete
  13. This has me in tears Gail. God is amazing! Thankful He speaks and moves so powerfully. Going to apply this to my hurting heart. Thank you for more courage!

    Kimmie
    Mama to 8
    One homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...