Thursday

Hidden Agendas in Entertainment Can Be As Harmful As Hidden Ingredients in Food

Hidden Ingredients in food and in Entertainment, Entertainment standards for Christians
We should be aware of immoral themes in Entertainment...

The creamers were labeled "half and half," but on closer inspection, I noticed they contained hidden ingredients

I suppose they were better than the powdered creamers that don't contain anything remotely dairy, but they still weren't what they appeared. 

Recently I also discovered that my favorite salad dressing contains propylene glycol, a compound used in anti-freeze. I thought I was eating healthy when I poured it on my salad, but evidence shows this FDA-approved substance causes health problems. 

How many of us are unhealthy because of "hidden" ingredients like these? 

And how many are unhealthy spiritually because of hidden ingredients in our entertainment? 

Most popular TV shows, music, movies and books contain hidden agendas. At one time these themes were subtly woven into characters and situations. Now, because Americans have lost their healthy view of good and evil, immoral and violent themes are more blatant. 

I am asking God to help me identify hidden ingredients in my life. Will you join me? 
Read about propylene glycol

18 comments:

  1. My son recently pointed out to me that I need to "look to my own house" before I criticize others in this respect. I have been a hypocrite. Ouch! But I can do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do this too, LuAnn. I think keeping ungodly influences out of our lives is an ongoing process. It's so easy to have them slip in through something we think is okay.

      Delete
  2. That is so true!!... I keep telling people nowadays you don't know what's good and wrong, and 90% of the time all I get back is just a weird look. Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this way!

    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nami, we really have lost our bearings in this fight against ungodly things in our culture. I imagine there are all sorts of things I blindly accept that are part of our crumbling cultural morals.

      Delete
  3. I always wondered how those things seem to be able to last forever :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes : )
      I remember a book on healthy eating from years ago that was titled: "If it doesn't spoil, throw it out!"

      Delete
  4. WOW, Powerful message I love the way the God is using you. Yes sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Gail, We are on the same page today! I agree we need to look at what is really in the core agendas and the hidden motive of what we watch and eat! Have a great day!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a painful truth! Ouch is right! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it hits us in an area we don't like to have messed with, doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. I'm sure we'd all be amazed if we knew all the hidden ingredients we ingested. It's good to stay informed as we can, and thank God for grace to cover the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Good one Gail. Thank you, gives us a different perspective to view the dangers lurking around us. What makes me so sad is the trash that gets shared on social media, especially by the young teens. Many parents don't seem to be monitoring and/or care.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's sad how these things subtly influence our lives, change our opinions, and compromise our faith.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...