Compete!

compete like athletes in our Christian walk, discipleship
  • Recently I planned ways to be more productive.  
  • learned some new skills.
  • I made some lifestyle changes for health reasons.
Most of us do these type of things.

But surveys show we're not as conscientious about our spiritual growth.

Instead of planning, learning, and making lifestyle changes for spiritual growth, we do little or nothing.

Paul said, "[Christ] is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. I want you to know how hard I am contending for you..." (Colossians 1:28-29).

Paul's words (in the Greek) reflect the attitude of a competitive athlete. Obviously, our maturity in Christ is that important.

So let's put a curve in those survey results...let's start "strenuously contending" for our spiritual growth (1 Corinthians 9:24-27).


Check out part 1 of "The 7 Stages of Marriage." Here's Part 1.



2 comments:

  1. Encouragement to persevere...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post a lot!! Thanks, Gail!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...