Where sin increases...

Romans 5:20, Romans 12:21, Good overcomes evil, Mr. Rogers look for the helpers
When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." ― Fred Rogers ("Mr. Rogers" from children's television)

Whenever evil people do evil thingslike 9/11, Sandy Hook Massacre, or the Boston Marathon bombingthe helpers appear.

After evil events, strangers comfort, rescue, and pray for other strangers. Many make great personal sacrifices to help.

Even those who don't know Jesus offer help. That's because everyone is made in God's image and has an understanding of goodness at the core of their being (Romans 2:14-15).

Jesus says all goodnessno matter who brings itcomes from God because "no one is goodexcept God alone" (Mark 10:18). And Romans 5:20 tells us that where sin increases, grace increases all the more.

Today I'm rejoicing that God's goodness in people is greater than the increasing evil in our world.

6 comments:

  1. I have seen this quote in the past 24 hours more times than I have heard in my entire life. But it is so true...where there is so much darkness and fear in the world, there is SO much more light and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, absolutely excellent perspective. Tragedies do bring out the best in a lot of people and also many times is a reminder to some of their need of Christ. Great point Gail
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote from Mr. Rogers. He was so in tune to how to talk to children. He's greatly missed in this world we live in now. God bless you, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you gave credit to God for the goodness done even by those who do not know Him. I don't like all the evil happening in our world but the Bible says that is the way it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely quote. There always seems to be brave, loving and compassionate people who are willing to help in the moment of crisis, whether it's part of their jobs or not.

    Yes, it is comforting to know that God's love can overcome the world and that no matter how bad the tragedy, it cannot take away our ability to respond in love. Hate destroys but love heals and our God has an abundant supply of love.

    I've tried to comment on your other post but Disquis must be down right now as it's not letting me. I'll try again later!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all made in His image and all our good is to His glory! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...