God Loves Me Just the Way I Am

God's love, Sanctification, Christian responsibility
God accepts us into His Kingdom just the way we are. But He expects us to change.

That's why the Bible explains that salvation is an unearned gift, but sanctification is a process that requires diligence, obedience, and commitment (Philippians 3:7-21; 2 Peter 1:10-11).  

God's love is not fragile...we need not worry about losing it whenever we commit a sin. But neither should we think God's love comes without expectations

God expects us to:
1. Give up our plans and our ways for His plans and His ways
2. Keep His commands (1 John 2:3; 1 John 5:3).
3. Keep growing in Christ (Philippians 2:12-13).

We don't like denying ourselves and doing the hard things. But this is what we "signed up for" when we became Christians. 

We agreed not to accept ourselves "just the way we are" and press on to become the person God designed us to be.


5 comments:

  1. I, too, feel very burdened about the false beliefs that people are latching onto. Thank you so much for stepping forth with TRUTH. May God bless you! My prayers are with you. I am enjoy this very much!!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, We really need to die to self daily. The flesh is so prone to being fretful. Thank God for His Truth which sanctifies us. His Word IS Truth
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some one once told me that God loves me just the way I am, but He loves me too much to let me stay that way. Thank God for SANCTIFICATION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! I'm loving this blog of yours! Its great to have a quick little pick me up from God!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts are wonderful, I came to them through growing home link up. Tara.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...