Balcony Views

balcony views, different perspectives, depression or gratitude
“Happiness is not the absence of hardship. It’s the ability to see beyond it.” unknown

I’ve been depressed and discouraged at times, and I know these attitudes are directly related to my perspective.  

I thought of this as I sat on a hotel balcony in Hawaii.* 
  • Looking down, I saw my bare feet on cold concrete. 
  • Gazing effortlessly forward, bars obstructed my view.
  • Looking up, I saw beautiful sky, ocean, lush green foliage, palm trees, and more.
When depressed, I look down and see only my cold, bare feelings or I lift my head just enough to see my view obstructed by the prison of depression.

Only as I begin to look up and seek God do I gain perspective that gives me strength to stand and see things as they really are.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
Psalm 121:1-2

Are you discouraged? Look up!
*An undeserved favor, but that’s another story.


Balcony Views



 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view (of my favorite place) to go with a beautiful post. Thank you Gail, you always bring out the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful uplifting message Gail!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely - thanks Gail.
    thinking you would enjoy the journey of wonder we're on to #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK on 21 days of wonder. i've been posting for most days if you'd like to check it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must be the third or fourth post in a row regarding God's grace and goodness through hardships & suffering! How how it speaks truth to me, & stirs me towards faith! Thank you! UNITED in Him, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...