Failed Again!

Philippians 3:13-14, forgetting the past and moving forward
God gave Adam and Eve everything, but they wanted more.

Centuries later, before the flood, “everything [men] thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil” (Genesis 6:5, NLT).

When God chose Israel, they repeatedly ignored His warnings no matter how much he blessed them.

Even Paul said, “I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway” (Romans 7:19, NLT).

Do you ever feel this way? 
  • You’re determined not to yell at your kids. 
  • You commit to take off those extra pounds. 
  • You promise God you’ll spend more time in His Word. 
But you don’t follow through.
    So what should you do? Give up? No!

    “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, [let’s] press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called [us] heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14, NIV).

    If you’ve let God down, start fresh today!

    If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
    Enter your email address:


    Delivered by FeedBurner

    17 comments:

    1. HI Gail - I feel this way often. So grateful His mercies are new everyday!
      God bless
      Tracy

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gail, thanks for these words of encouragement.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So glad they encouraged you, Diana. I write things I need to hear myself : )

        Delete
    3. Oh I raise my hand to this!!! I praise HIM that HIS mercies are new everyday!! I do my best no to beat myself up when I fail. Press on dear sisters!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great encouragement! I love that everyday is new in the Lord's eyes and that He is in the business of redemption! We can continue to push forward knowing we are walking in Jesus' steps! Thanks for stopping by my blog (and I've read yours before as well!) from UBP.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. And the best part is that God changes us in the process!

        Delete
    5. Gail,
      You made me smile! Those have to be in my "Top Five Failures" list. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
      Just last night I commented on a blog, "Thank You, God, for next times." I'm sensing a theme :-)
      Appreciate your insight and encouragement.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, my kids are grown, so #1 isn't on my top 5 anymore, but the other two are plus more : )

        Delete
    6. It so wonderful to come together and share our blessings and thankfulness
      that GOD allows us to have and enjoy !!! Stopping by from Multitude on Monday
      Have a great 1440 today and each day
      Glenna

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thank you for these encouraging words. I can't tell you how often I say, out loud, "I'm a failure." I wish I could stop, but it's hard. I need to memorize Philippians 3:13&14 and move forward toward my goal. :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thank you, this is a daily struggle for me!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I fail every day in some way, but His grace is sufficient for me!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Much MUCH needed Gail. I had a conversation with my husband last night which was basically about how I wanted to give up. He said basically the same things you said here. Thanks :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. We may want to, but I don't see anywhere in the Bible where God instructs us to give up. He wants us to yield to His will, but even that yielding is active work in Him. One foot in front of the other, no matter how slowly, is forward progress.
      Visiting from Beholding Glory

      ReplyDelete
    12. Thank you Lord.. I won't give up!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...