Dog Comfort

Dog Decoded, how dogs bring us health, God designed Dogs for our health
There are more than 400,000,000 worldwide.

They understand human emotions.

They make us healthier.

Dogs.

After watching “Dogs Decoded” on PBS, I understand why dogs are such a blessing to so many. Research reveals that dogs, like no other animal, are able to bond with humans. They are protective, comforting, sensitive to human facial expressions, and they actually help extend the lives of their owners. 

For example, when dog and owner engage each other, both enjoy increased levels of oxytocin, a hormone released between new mothers and their babies. Dog owners are less likely to get heart attacks and more likely to survive them if they do because oxytocin lowers heart rate, blood pressure and stress. 

Coming from an evolutionary perspective, PBS narrators tried to explain why dogs are so uniquely wired to be human companions.

From my perspective, Dogs are just one more way that God shows His love for us! (James 1:17)

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

  1. Love this! My thankful post was about a dog. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know so many people who are thankful for their dogs! : )

      Delete
  2. Love this...I know my dog totally is good for my physical and emotional health for so many reasons. He really is a great friend...and I can tell him anything and he doesn't judge me. (Yes, I talk to my dog...it just happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love the Nova special...it really is incredible how many ways God has made dogs for our enjoyment!

      Delete
  3. This is the best! We love our dog Harpo--he is such a silly blessing in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen for that. For them we can do little things that make them happy. For Example a bed for them. Let them be in comfort and love you more.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...