I Let The Old Woman Take Control

Ephesians 4:22-24, losing temper, overcome bad habits
I lost my temper the other day.

I’ve always had a temper, but with the Lord’s grace, I usually control it. But that day, the old Gail raised her ugly head and reminded me she still wants control.

She’s does this occasionally, but this time I welcomed her for awhile. 

I repented a lot afterward, and I was disappointed. I didn't know the old Gail still had such power!

Ephesians 4:22-24 says, “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” (NIV)

Yesterday was a reminder that I mustn’t let my guard down. I must continually renew my mind, dwelling on God's Word (Colossians 3:16). When I do, the old Gail never sticks around.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011  

You can have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box:
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. My temper is one of my many faults, I am sad to say :( However, I am working with the Lord on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have always had a temper. God has been good to work in me and has helped me put away my old self. Sometimes she makes her way out again too. I'm so thankful for a merciful God and forgiving friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word, and reminder. If we don't stay in the WORD, the "old woman" will resurface and take us over again. And sometimes we all slip up...and let the old person resurface. Its a good reminder that we need to put on the full armor of God everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...